Five Simple Tips for Presentation Success
Moving your presentation outdoors on short notice?
Below are are five simple tips to help you make your next presentation a success. With so many events currently being held outdoors for safety, you may need to make an adjustment or two. Frequently, events are moved outdoors with little or no advance notice. What should you focus on? Be visible and audible!
1. Did you know that the most common reason for audiences tuning out is because speakers don’t use the microphone properly? Get up close and personal with the mic. Set it up so you don’t have to hunch or reach to get to it. The speaker should be close enough to kiss that mic while looking at the audience with ease.
2. Using an LED display screen (which is brighter than an LCD) to accompany your outdoor presentation? Awesome! Set the brightness settings at maximum output. Make sure the display is bright enough to be easily seen in daylight, or set a pin spot light on it to increase visibility in sunlight.
3. What about the text on your slides? What size font should you use? 24-30 pt is recommended, but the bottom line is whether people can easily read it.
4. Enunciate and slow down. Practice your presentation. Record it. Listen to it. YOU know what you’re talking about, but let’s assume nobody else has heard it before.
5. Tell your story. Even if you are not the only speaker, tell your story. Make it short, sweet, and memorable. What do you want people to take away from your presentation?
Most important: Have fun!
Hopefully, these simple tips will help you make your next presentation a success.